- I insisted in parking in a free spot in downtown Tulsa. We walked a half a mile in sub-zero temperatures. I refused to wear a hat, because I did not want to mess up my hair.
- I grabbed a purple guitar, thinking it was blue in a music store. (I am colorblind.) When it was communicated to me the guitar was purple, I put it down and immediately walked away.
- We drove to Tulsa during the 2011 Snowmagedon to see the The Taming Of The Shrew ballet. The roads were almost undrivable. I brought an overnight bag just in case. I was prepared to get stuck, and have to stay in a hotel or shelter. Many cars were stuck on the road, but somehow (by the grace of God) we had no major issues.
- I did not use the best words to describe to a close friend. I told her she’s “loose” and “easy.” She’s anything but those things.
- In on of those weird sections of road in Kansas with a passing lane, we passed in the opposite lane. All three lanes of the road had cars traveling in the same direction. Boogity boogity boys, let’s go racing.
- I wore a red shirt to Disneyland. All the people in Disnelyland there for Gay Days Anaheim happened to wear red shirts also. I kept the red shirt on. The alternative would be buying and wearing a Micky Mouse shirt.
- I was with buddy. He wasn’t focused on driving the golf cart, and drove right on to the green. Instead of just backing up, he did a U-turn.
- I booked a motel room in Detroit on Priceline. It was a couple of blocks from the same 8 Mile Road that was in Eminem’s movie.
I’ve done a lot of fun things in my lifetime, but some of the funnest things to reminisce about are when things didn’t go exactly right. Such as the time...
Jesus follower. Love music, baseball, theater, and traveling. Always up for a new adventure. Always ready to meet new friends.