- It's cheaper to fly to from Kansas City than many places in the United States.
- The churches are beautiful, but it's sad to know they were built from destructed Aztec temples.
- There are museums everywhere. The number ranks second to Paris. Many of them have free admission.
- There are police officers everywhere, many with thick body armor and riot gear.
- I did not knowingly witness any crimes. It's a very safe place if you play it smart.
- Portuguese-speaking friends might accidentally order you a chocolate testicle for your dessert.
- If you're from the United States, your money will go very far here. Just don't buy any goods imported from the U.S..
- It costs less than 2 USD for a bus ride from the airport to the city center.
- Your English won't get you very far here without the help of a translator. I made great connections.
- In my opinion, Mexican tequila tastes much more delightful than tequila sold in the United States.
- It's fun to get lost in the markets, even thought they don't offer many souvenirs.
- It's amazing so much wonderful architecture and ancient temples are so close to the U.S..
- I look much whiter in Mexico.
- Most Mexicans you meet will assume you are fluent in Spanish.
- Flying over Mexico, you are able to see how it endlessly sprawls.
- The sidewalks get ultra slippery when it rains.
- A deep income disparity is very present. Many of the living conditions looked horrid. People still seemed content with what they had.
Jesus follower. Love music, baseball, theater, and traveling. Always up for a new adventure. Always ready to meet new friends.