- It all started with buying 2 tickets to a U2 concert. I sold both of these tickets, and bought a much better ticket. Even after upgrading my seat, I was able to turn a profit.
- I bought an airline ticket through American Express, which I will not be using. I later booked another ticket on Pricline, and will not be using the $29 ticket I bought through AmEx. I decided to extend my trip.
- I actually will be staying in two different hotels; the Regancy Hyatt and Chicago River Hotel. Both were booked on Priceline. I will post later on how I get the best rates possible using Priceline.
- I bought 2 tickets to a White Sox - Cubs game at Wrigley. I later sold these tickets on Stubhub. I then purchased a ticket to watch the same game from a rooftop. The rooftop ticket includes unlimited food and drink.
- I found a coupon, and was able to buy a Royals - White Sox ticket at half price. SlickDeals is a site i check daily, and this coupon code just happened to posted on there.
- I bought a Go Chicago Card from Smart Destinations. I can get into 28 attractions in Chicago over 5 days at one price.
- I’ve been browsing Explore Chicago. It's the official tourism site for the city of Chicago and has great information for those visiting Chicago.
- I never visit any city without buying an updated guide book. I downloaded Frommer’s Chicago 2011 on my Kindle.
- I've even already purchased a 7 day Chicago Transit pass. I wanted to avoid having to protect my wallet and my luggage at the same time while I purchased a pass.
In just a few more days, I leave for Chicago. I believe in being well prepared when I go anywhere. When I travel, one of my strategies is to attempt to pay for everything well in advance. For me, it's much more enjoyable when I am able to partake in activities without thinking how much I paid for them.
Jesus follower. Love music, baseball, theater, and traveling. Always up for a new adventure. Always ready to meet new friends.